This post was sponsored by Bella Portofino as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Easy Curried Tuna and Quinoa Patties: flavorful, delicious and a healthy modern twist on a classic tuna patties ready in 20 minutes.
Easy Curried Tuna and Quinoa Patties is Glutenfree
They can be served as a snack or meal and can be easily doubled or tripled.
There are some recipes that just makes serving meal or snack an easy peasy breeze and these Easy Curried Tuna and Quinoa Patties is just one such recipe.
They are also what I call my 3-in-1 savior – saves time (ready in 20 minutes), fingerlicking good (make an extra batch) and super healthy!
Well, you’re not dreaming as this is very much a delicious reality.
Now, to make such a tasty crowd-pleasing and healthy recipe, we start by choosing simple yet high-quality ingredients.
Like these smooth Solid Yellow Tuna from Bella Portofino Tuna and multicolor quinoa.
While I prepped for the tuna patties, ‘D’ mentioned the following qualities of Bella Portofino Tuna:
1. They are made up of wild-caught and hand-selected tuna, extra virgin olive oil with a dash of sea salt for a smooth, mellow flavor, and tender texture.
2. They use extra virgin olive oil with a dash of sea salt for a smooth, mellow flavor, and tender textured tuna.
3. They are an excellent source of protein and natural source of omega 3, hence making them an ideal choice for healthy meals.
4. Non – GMO
So, they definitely make for a MUST HAVE pantry ingredient to whip up a delicious and healthy meal in no time.
As I also mentioned earlier, these Curried Tuna and Quinoa Patties are my modern and light twist on a classic tuna patties, which has lots of cheese, mayo, and breadcrumbs.
Now, we definitely love that version but for us to enjoy the tuna patties as frequently as we like, my version is the perfect fix.
So apart from the tuna and multicolored quinoa as the base, we also need fresh juicy sweet peppers + onion that goes so well with the olive oil tuna.
And we definitely added some spinach (extra iron) and lots of lemon juice for that lightness.
We added some ‘Almond Flour’ instead of breadcrumbs to bind the mixture, however, you can use any flour (wheat/white/quinoa).
Also, I’m serving these Easy Curried Tuna and Quinoa Patties with a side of fresh cut vegetables like cucumber, sweet peppers, onions, jalapeno and some fresh cranberries.
And Yes, some light yogurt dip and ketchup.
Now we usually eat a very light dinner, so this would do for us, however, you can totally add bread and serve it as a meal.
As always, enjoy these Easy Curried Tuna and Quinoa Patties and do try the Bella Portofino products for this recipe or your next tuna recipe.
If you’re looking for some more Healthy Snacks, then definitely try these as well:
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
- 1 Can Solid Yellow Tuna from Bella Portifino
- 1/2 Cup Cooked Quinoa - I'm using multicolor, but any quinoa will do. cook as per package instruction
- 1 Small Red Onion - thinly chopped
- 1 Cup Baby Spinach - thinly chopped
- 3 Colored Mini Peppers - thinly chopped
- 3 Tbsp Almond Flour - you can use any other flour of choice
- 1 Eggs - whisked
- 2 Tbsp Plain Greek Yogurt - you can use mayonnaise too
- 1 Tsp Curry Powder - store or homemade
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro - thinly chopped
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 3 Tsp Olive Oil for Sauteeing the Patties
Make the Patties -
- Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl EXCEPT Flour and Oil.
- Mix everything and now add almond flour.
- Give a final mix and make 15 round patties of this mixture.
Saute the Patties -
- Heat a non-stick pan and add 1 tsp oil.
- Now place 3-4 patties (depending on how large your pan is) and saute it on both sides until golden brown (takes about 1 or 1.5 minutes).
- Remove the cooked patties to a platter.
- Similarly, saute the rest of the uncooked patties.
- Transfer all the cooked patties to a serving platter and serve immediately.
- Enjoy with favorite dip/sauce or sides.
Serving Size15 Patties
Amount Per ServingCalories 29 Total Fat 2g Cholesterol 3mg Sodium 30mg Carbohydrates 2g Protein 2g