Masala Kaddu Kachori (Pumpkin Flatbread): crispy and delicious Indian kachori/puffed flatbread using pumpkin, lentil and mix flours.
Masala Kaddu Kachori is also known as ‘Kaddu ki Poori’
Perfect for festive season or gatherings and can be served with any variety of dishes.
These Masala Kaddu Kachori or Indian Pumpkin Flatbread are a perfect companion to any of your festive occasion.
‘Diwali/Deepavali’, which is one of the biggest Indian festivals is around the corner and most of us have started with the festive cleaning and decoration.
Diwali or Deepavali is one of the biggest Indian festivals and it’s the one where food is the main focus!
Hence, this Diwali, I wanted to share with you’ll this very special and extremely delicious recipe of Masala Kaddu Kachori (Indian Pumpkin Flatbread).
Sweets/desserts are definitely the centers of attraction during this entire festival and people go all out to either make or buy all kinds of sweets.
There’s no end to the varieties and you can definitely see all kind of traditional or fusion (more popular now) recipes.
But that doesn’t mean that rest of the food is going to be regular since it’s also the time of family gatherings.
Especially long distance or out of station family members visiting their homes, hence food becomes extra special.
If you visit any Indian home during this festival season, you’ll see varieties of their fav veg/non-veg dishes along with poori/kachori are the favorite sides.
The recipe of the Masala Kaddu Kachori is very easy and it’s actually easier than the traditional kachori recipe (which is stuffed and then fried).
But this version is absolutely easy and needs no special technique.
Once your dough is ready (which can be done in the food processor too), all you have to do is make circular discs and fry them.
I’ve infact further simplified the process by using a ‘Tortilla Maker/Roti Maker’ and made the kachori’s in it, so you don’t even need to roll the dough or anything.
Also, another great reason for using the roti maker is that all your kachori’s are the same shape 🙂
In the picture above, I’m serving them along with a simple ‘potato and peas mix’, however, this goes extremely well with any curry or meat dishes too.
So, this Diwali, treat your loved ones to these mouthwatering kachoris.
:: You May Also Like ::
As always, I Looove when you try my recipes and send me pictures & feedback.
You can tag my recipes tried by you using #easycookingwithmolly on any of the social media below:
- 1 Cup Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Besan (chickpea flour)
- 4 Tbsp Urad Dal Flour (lentil flour)
- 2 Tbsp Rice Flour - optional for extra crispiness
- 3 Tbsp Pure Pumpkin Puree - readymade or homemade
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil - for making the dough
- 1/2 Cup Water - to make the dough (you may use extra few spoons of water) - DOUGH SHOULD BE STIFF
- 2 Cups Olive Oil - for frying kachoori
Masala / Spice Mix:
- 1/8 Tsp Ajwain - carrot seeds - optional
- 1/8 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/8 Tsp Salt - use less or more as per taste
- 1/8 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/8 Tsp Cumin Powder
Make the Dough:
- In a food processor, add all the flours, spices and pulse to mix everything together.
- Now add, 2 tbsp oil and pulse again to form a crumbly mix.
- Finally add pumpkin puree, water and make a stiff dough.
- Remove the dough from food processor and knead for 1 minute to make it more even.
Make the Kachori:
- Divide the dough into medium size equal round balls (this makes 20 kachori's).
A) Now, if you're using a tortilla press, place each ball in the middle of the tortilla press and press the lid to form a circular flat disc (picture in post).
- Follow the same prcess to make all the kachori.
B) If you are using a rolling pic, simply roll the discs into slightly thick round shapes.
Fry the Kachori's:
- Heat 2 cups of oil in a deep pot/pan.
- Once the oil is completely heated (takes 2 minutes), lower the flame to medium.
- Add one kachori at a time and start pressing gently till it fluffs up.
- Turn to another side and cook till golden brown.
- Follow this process to make all kachori.
- Serve with favorite entree/sides.
Serving Size20 Medium Puffed Flatbread
Amount Per ServingCalories 249 Total Fat 23g Saturated Fat 3g Sodium 65mg Carbohydrates 9g Sugar 1g Protein 2g