This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NestleHoliday #CollectiveBias
Easy Pizza Skewers is a delicious, colorful appetizer recipe that can be made with pizza, seasonal veggies-fruits and fits perfectly into the Holiday season. It’s also one of those recipes where the whole family can join in to make and devour.
Happy Friday Everyone and we can almost taste the weekend….taste cause these are the few weeks where holiday season is in full swing and most of us are attending or hosting holiday parties – YaaaaY !!!
So much fun to celebrate some cherished moments with family and friends along with delicious food. As a food blogger, the responsibility gets slightly bigger and before every holiday party and I get butterflies n goosebumps 🙂
It’s the perpetual ‘What should I make’ series that results in lot of head scratching (literally 😉.
So, for our next party, I’ve created these delicious Easy Pizza Skewers which are super easy (trust me, all you need to do is bake the pizza).
While our quick stop at Walmart last week, we got ‘CALIFORNIA PIZZA KITCHEN® Crispy Thin Crust Oven Ready Pizza, Sicilian‘ which can be found in those huge frozen food refrigerators where it says Pizza.
We actually got 4-5 of them, some to nosh upon as is it makes a perfect movie night meal and some for my pizza skewers. Along, with the pizza, you need couple of seasonal vegetables and fruits, just go for whatever you like to put in the skewers.
Since, it’s a holiday party appetizer hence I’m keeping it extremely colorful (think red and green).
You also need, 6-7 tall wooden skewers (just be careful handing them around children) and divide each skewer in 3 or however tall you want the skewers to be. I wanted to keep them light and not very filled as we do have other food items too.
So all I did was add 5-6 veggie-fruit and 1 piece of pizza square (pizza slice cut into bite size squares). Just take the skewer and assemble as per choice. Here’s what I did:
Once made, just place them beautifully on a large plate with either store bought or homemade sauce/chutney and serve immediately.
QUICK TIP: Make them when the pizza is slightly warm as it easily slides through the skewer.
As always, I would love to hear about your favorite holiday appetizer or send me pictures of my recipes tried by you. Connect with me through social media or email.
! Happy Holiday & Feasting !
As always, I Looove when you try my recipes and send me pictures & feedback. You can tag my recipes tried by you using #easycookingwithmolly on any of the social media below:
- 1 Box of CALIFORNIA PIZZA KITCHEN® Crispy Thin Crust Oven Ready Pizza, Sicilian*
- 1 Medium Zucchini
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Box Grape Tomatoes : you can use any variety as per choice.
- 1 Can Pineapple Slices : You can use fresh too but avoid frozen.
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 Wooden Skewers : Each skewer chopped into 3 pieces.
- Store Bought chutney of choice: I'm using Mint Chutney and Blue Cheese Dressing
- Bake the pizza as per the instructions on the package.
- Slice all the vegetables into bite size piece and chop pineapple too.
- Heat a medium non-stick pan and add 1 tbsp oil.
- Place the sliced vegetables and saute for a minute (just to lightly brown them to give a grilled look)**
- Remove from pan and cool.
- Once the pizza is baked, cool is slightly and slice into bite size pieces.
- Now, take a wooden skewer, add 1 sliced bell pepper (it will help n support to place skewers upwards).
- Add, sliced zucchini, onion, bite size pizza, pineapple and tomato (refer pic)
- Follow the same process, till all skewers are complete.
- Transfer the skewers to a serving plate, pour chutney/dip in a small bowl and serve fresh.
- Add o
* Apart from Sicilian, they also have Chicken/Hawain/Pepperoni/Margarita/Etc pizza)