Winter Vegetable Soup (Healthy & Glutenfree) is a hearty combination of health and taste.
Winter Vegetable Soup is a perfect mix of colorful winter vegetable with herbs.
Today I wanted to share with you’ll my favorite goto Winter Vegetable Soup (Healthy & Glutenfree).
It is extremely easy to prepare and you can use all those leftover vegetables in the fridge before your next grocery purchase.
You can add or reduce any of these seasonal winter veggies and use the ones you like the most.
However, I’d insist, you keep the herbs unchanged for healing benefits.
Important TIP when Using Whole Herbs in Soup
Always, place the herbs in a muslin cloth and make a knot.
This way, you can get all the flavors of the herbs and they don’t show in your soup.
This is a great tip, if you have a picky eater and they don’t like seeing herbs floating in the soup.
All the vegetables used in this soup are fresh but you can use frozen vegetables too.
It can be made in a big batch to serve as an appetizer or pair it along with some toasted bread for a complete meal.
You can make it a day in advance.
So go ahead and enjoy this warm winter vegetable soup.
You Can Also Try These Soup Recipes:
As always, I Looove when you try my recipes and send me pictures & feedback. You can tag my recipes tried by you using #easycookingwithmolly on any of the social media below:
- 2 Carrots - Chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 Zucchini - Chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin - Chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 Cup Corn
- 1/2 Cup Purple Cabbage - Thinly chopped (Optional)
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Cups Water
- Muslin Cloth (Optional)
- 2 Bay Leaf
- 3 Cloves
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- Small Sprig of Thyme (Optional)
- Salt as per taste
- Black Pepper - As per taste
- Place all the herbs in muslin cloth and tie a knot.
- In a deep pan, heat butter for 1/2 minute.
- Add all the vegetables and saute on medium flames for about 2 minutes
- Now add the the muslin cloth containing herbs, salt, pepper and water.
- Cook this over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and remove the muslin cloth containing herbs.
- Pour in bowls, decorate with cabbage and serve hot.
Amount Per ServingCalories 265 Total Fat 14g Saturated Fat 8g Cholesterol 31mg Sodium 156mg Carbohydrates 36g Sugar 13g Protein 7g