Chicken Kofta Curry: tender chicken meatballs/koftas, delicately simmered to perfection in a flavorful creamy sauce made using Indian herbs.
This Chicken Kofta Curry recipe is extremely Easy and Healthy recipe
The transition from autumn to fall is such a perfect time for warm and delicious comfort food like this Chicken Kofta Curry (Indian Chicken Meatballs Curry).
This recipe is from Lucknow(India) where kofta/meatballs.
We have tons of varieties of soups, casseroles, baked goodies and in India, it’s the time when we love to eat creamy-saucy curries….
Something that’s rich in texture, flavor and calms not only our hunger but the soul too 😉
No matter how far we stay or how long we’ve lived out of India, the first mention of curry, makes us nostalgic and emotional.
And just the other day, a couple of us foodie friends were discussing our city, culture, and food and that conversation sure left us with a thirst of home cooked meals back in childhood days.
So I planned to make these Chicken Kofta Curry which are such a delicacy from ‘Lucknow‘ (UP in India) – also known as the City of Nawabs.
Lucknow is famous for its cloth embroidery, sweets, street food, it’s rich culture and Mughlai food (Vegetarian & Non-Vegetarian).
These chicken koftas are so easy to make, all you need is some ground chicken, spices, flour and you are good to go.
The curry is a simple yet adds such a delicious flavor.
So here we go with the recipe details – Hope you’ll enjoy it as much as we do.
:: You May Also Like ::
As always, I Looove when you try my recipes and send me pictures & feedback. You can tag my recipes tried by you using #easycookingwithmolly on any of the social media below:
Connect with Me Here: Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram / Twitter / Subscribe to our Newsletter / Google+
Chicken Kofta Curry (Chicken Meatballs in Spicy Indian Curry)
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
For Chicken Kofta (Meatballs)
1/2 lb Ground Chicken - Cleaned
1/2 Cup Roasted Chickpea Flour*
2 Tbsp Plain Yogurt
1 Egg - Whisked
1 Tsp Ginger+Garlic Paste
1 Large Onion
1 Tbsp Ginger Paste
1 Tbsp Garlic Paste
2 Green Chili - Use as per taste
1/2 Cup Yogurt - Whisked
1/2 Cup Water
3 Tbsp Olive Oil - Use any light oil
1 Tbsp Ghee - Optional
Spices / Seasoning:
1 Large Bay Leaf
1/2 Stick Whole Cinnamon
3 Whole Black Cardamom
3 Green Cardamom
5 Black Pepper Corns
1 Tsp Turmeric
1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
1 Tbsp Cumin Powder
1 Tbsp Red Chili Powder
1 Tbsp Garam Masala Powder
Making the Koftas / Chicken Meatball:
- In a food processor (with dough attachment or you can use kitchen aid mixer) add all the 'Kofta' ingredients and pulse to form a smooth dough (Takes about a minute).
- Transfer the dough to a bowl and make 10-12 round balls.
- Place the chicken balls/kofta on a plate, cover and keep in the refrigerator for about 30 mins (This helps the dough to firm up and prevent kofta's from breaking).
Making the Curry:
- In a food processor/blender, add onion, ginger,garlic, tomato and form a smooth paste.
- In a large non-stick, heat oil and ghee for a 1/2 minute.
- Add the whole spices and let it roast for 1/2 minute on medium heat.
- Now, pour the onion paste, saute for a minute, cover and let it cook for 4 minutes (saute every minute).
- Add the powdered spices, yogurt, water and saute everything to a smooth mixture.
- Now, remove the meatballs from the fridge and place them delicately on the simmering gravy. (The meatballs are going to be cooked in the gravy).
- Cover with lit, lower the heat and let the meatballs cook for about 2-3 minutes. (Keep an eye).
- After 3 minutes, remove the cover, touch the meatballs using a spatula and they should be cooked.
- Saute the curry and meatballs light and cook uncovered for another 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the kofta curry to a serving bowl.
- Decorate as per choice(use chilies n yogurt) and serve hot with choice of sides.