Cucumber-Chickpea Cold Soup: a chilled soup that’s a combination of health and taste.
Have you ever had a Cold Soup ?? if not or have never heard of it, then this your chance to try this bowl of yum.
It’s a simple, soup made using water, yogurt or buttermilk (You can use vegan yogurt too), along with veggies and some seasoning.
And the way the temperature is rising in California, this sounded like a perfect opportunity to make one at home. So, today I’m sharing the recipe of ‘Cucumber Chickpea Cold Soup’
Being a fusion blogger, I gave this soup a little twist by using buttermilk, chickpea as a base and addition of cucumber juice, makes it lighter and delicious.
As per many holistic belief, these ingredients cool the tummy and are great for digestion too.
I’m pairing this soup with a big bowl of salad for a perfect afternoon meal or you may add toasted garlic bread /bowl of fried rice to make it into a dinner.
They can also be served as mini appetizer shots or small bowl.
They can be stored in the refrigerator for 1-2 days and you can even serve them slightly warm if desired.
I’ve used green onions and coconut to decorate the soup as it blends in the taste however you can completely skip the decoration part and enjoy the soup as is.
- ¼ Cup Cucumber Juice*
- 2 Tbsp Chickpea Flour
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Buttermilk**
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Green Onions – Chopped
- 1 Tsp Coconut Powder – For Decoration
- ½ Tsp Mustard Seeds – For Decoration
- ½ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Mustard Seed
- Salt - To Taste
- In a large pot, add buttermilk, water, chickpea flour and whisk to form a smooth runny mixture.
- Heat oil in a large pan over high heat, add turmeric, mustard seeds and let it splatter for a half a minute.
- Now, add the chickpea mixture, salt, stir everything together and let it boil.
- As soon as it boils, lower the heat and cook for 4 minutes (stirring every minute).
- Turn off the heat and let this mixture cool.
- Once, the mixture has completely cooled off, add cucumber juice and give it a quick stir.
- Transfer to serving bowls, decorate with mustard seeds, coconut powder, chopped green onions and serve cold.
Amount Per ServingCalories 61 Total Fat 4g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 2mg Sodium 237mg Carbohydrates 5g Fiber 1g Sugar 3g Protein 2g