Chicken Keema Matar (Indian Style Chili) – It’s an Indian chili recipe mixed with chicken, peas and India curry spices to give it a soothing and comforting flavor.
Chicken Keema Matar – Indian Style Chili
Hey Everyone, we are standing very close to the weekend – YaaaaaaY and Happy Friday!
We are making a hot bowl of Indian style Chili recipe called Chicken Keema Matar ……(I’m literally drooling writing about it )
It’s a dish cooked with everyday Indian spices along, peas, yogurt and very little water.
The main differentiator in this curry and regular curry is the addition of yogurt which makes it creamier and enhances the flavor.
This Chicken Keema Matar is one of those comfort food recipe that reminds me of my childhood days and weekend lunches at home with friends and family.
Because of its mild taste, it is loved equally by all age group. Growing up, I loved having it with a bowl of steamed rice but over the years, I enjoy it more with Indian Roti.
It’s also one of that dish, that can be made over the weekend and then enjoyed for 2-3 days.
Or kept inthe freezer for a week. Just thaw it inthe fridge a night before you want to use.
This version of the Chicken Keema Matar recipe is mild, you can add more spices and chili as per choice
And serve it with bread/steamed rice or any other choice of sides.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
Connect with Me Here: Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram / Twitter / Subscribe to our Newsletter / Google+
Chicken Keema Matar - Indian Style Chili
5 minPrep Time
26 minCook Time
31 minTotal Time
1 Deep Pot
1/2 Kg Ground Chicken
1 Cup Peas - Fresh or frozen
2 Large Onions - Thinly Chopped(I'm using white onions, you may use any)
1 Tbsp Ginger Paste
1/2 Tbsp Garlic Paste
6 Tbsp Olive Oil (You may use canola/vegetable or corn oil as per choice)
1 Cup Plain Yogurt (Whisked)
1/2 Cup Water
1 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro (Chopped)
2 Tbsp Yogurt - Whisked
1 Bay Leaf (Optional)
3 Green Cardamom(Crushed)
6-7 Black Pepper Corns
1 Tsp Cumin Powder
1 Tsp Coriander Powder
1/4 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
1 Tsp Red Chili Powder
Salt - As per taste
- In a deep pan, heat oil on high flames.
- Add all whole spices, store and reduce the heat to low.
- Now, add chopped onions and sauté till golden brown(Takes about 5 minutes on medium heat)
- Add, ginger-garlic paste and sauté for another minute.
- Add, ground chicken, peas and saute everything evenly.
- Cover the pan with lid, reduce the heat to low and cook for 6 minutes (stir every
- After 6 mins, remove the lid (the meat should have tenderized by now), add all
- powdered spices and cover cook for another 5 minutes.
- After cooking the meat with all the spices, it would tenderize and give a flavorful
- aroma of spices.
- Now, add yogurt, sauté evenly and cook covered on low heat for another 3 minutes.
- Remove cover, add water, stir everything and cook for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Turn off the heat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, decorate with yogurt and fresh cilantro.
- Serve hot.