Spicy Sweet Potato and Chicken Roll Ups: super delicious, easy and quick rolls made using a mix of sweet-spicy filling along with the chicken. These serve great as meal or takeaways.
Summer is the season of picnics/ BBQ’s / get-together and with every invite, your mind goes all over the place thinking about what dish to take.
This happens to me most of the time and being a food blogger, it makes it even tougher.
I definitely don’t want to repeat the dishes and would want to create something simple yet tasty.
So this time when we got an invite, I was ready with my Spicy Sweet Potato and Chicken Roll Ups.
The sweet and spicy stuffing makes it a hands-down winner and with all that filling, it’s perfect as a snack or brunch item.
The stuffing can be adjusted as per taste and you can increase it to make entree rolls. For our vegan friends, just use soy yogurt and vegan cheese.
They can be made a day in advance, just use a cling-wrap and set them in the refrigerator.
Arrange them in bite size pieces in the serving dish, decorate and serve.
I usually like to eat them chilled and often cover the top of the dish using cling-wrap and keep them in ice-box for my picnics. Pair them with a chilled beverage.
- 5 Large Cooked Tortilla
Roll-Ups Stuffing Ingredients:
- 1 Cup Cooked Sweet-Potato
- 1 Cup Cooked Chicken - Shredded or mashed
- 1/2 Cup Onion – Thinly Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Bell Pepper - Thinly Chopped
- 2 Medium Jalapeno - Thinly Chopped (You may use green chilies)
- 5 Tbsp Shredded Cheese Mix - You can use any cheese as per choice
- 5 Tbsp Cream Cheese (Room Temperature) - If Vegan, please use vegan cheese
- 1/2 Cup Thick Yogurt - Remove any excess water from the yogurt or use Greek yogurt
- 1 Tsp Salt – As per taste
- 3 Tsp Sriracha – Optional
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro - Chopped
- 5 Tbsp Yogurt - Whisked
- 1 Tsp Sriracha
- In a large bowl, add yogurt, cream cheese, onion, jalapeno, peppers, salt, sriracha and using a spatula, lightly whisk to form a smooth-even paste.
- Now, add chicken, sweet potato, cheese and whisk evenly.
- Take a tortilla and lay it flat on a surface.
- Scoop 2 tbsp of the stuffing and spread evenly on the tortilla, leaving 1/2 inch away from the edges.
- Roll the tortilla carefully.
- Wrap the tortilla roll tightly with cling wrap.
- Stuff all the tortilla similarly and wrap.
- Set in refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator.
- Cut into bite size and transfer to a serving dish.
- Sprinkle some freshly chopped cilantro, yogurt and sriracha.
- Serve as is or choice of dip.
Amount Per ServingCalories 16 Total Fat 1g Sodium 125mg Carbohydrates 2g Sugar 1g