I’m sharing an extremely easy dessert recipe which I’ve named 5 Minutes Chickpea Oats Dessert Bites as they are this sinfully delicious bite-size balls of sweetness that leaves you wanting for more
You can also call them 5 minutes desserts as they don’t need any cooking.
All you have to do, is mix the flour and shape them as per choice.
They can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 30 days. Take them with you in a zip-lock bag for a quick snack.
Happy Friday Everyone and Wish You All a Great Weekend !
This is one of my most interesting recipe that actually came into existence after a desperate attempt to eat healthily.
Few month’s back, I was browsing through some old pictures from India and I came across a picture of ‘Besan Ladoo‘ (a famous dessert in India made with chickpea flour) and ever since have been craving it secretly.
We make it sometimes at home, however, the amount of ghee and sugar used in it, kept me off them.
But every now and then, my mind kept wondering off to that picture. I finally decided to make them on my own but with healthier options.
The taste of the ladoo definitely comes from the roasted chickpea flour (slow roasting raw chickpea flour over slow heat till the flour turns slightly brown and emits a sweet roasted fragrance) and ghee (clarified butter).
To make my healthy version, I’m using roasted chickpea flour along with oats flour, some sesame seeds, almonds, sugar and almond butter (instead of ghee).
To make them slightly more flavorful, I’m adding ginger powder and cardamom powder.
Enjoy them as is or with a hot cuppa.
As always, I Looove when you try my recipes and send me pictures & feedback.
You can tag my recipes tried by you using #easycookingwithmolly on any of the social media below:
*** Dry Ingredients ***
- 1 Cup Oats Flour – You may take any oats or flavored oats flour
- 1 Cup Roasted ChickpeaFlour (Besan)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar – You can use any sweetener or sugar-free of choice
- 1/4 Cup Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Almonds - Chopped
- 1 Tsp Ginger Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder - Optional
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut - Optional
*** Wet Ingredients ***
- 1/4 Cup Almond Butter – You can use peanut butter too
- 1/4 Cup Milk – If Vegan, use almond or soy milk
- Add the dry Ingredients in a bowl and mix evenly.
- Now add the wet ingredient to the dry ingredients and form a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into 15-16 equal parts.
- Wet your hands and roll into circular balls.
- Roll the bites into shredded coconut to coat evenly.
- Transfer them in a bowl and keep in fridge for 2-3 hours to help firm.
- Serve when desired and keep in fridge in an air tight container.
Amount Per ServingCalories 84 Total Fat 5g Saturated Fat 1g Sodium 3mg Carbohydrates 8g Sugar 3g Protein 3g