Stir-Fry Sesame Chicken (Healthy and Light) is an easier version and lighter too. It can be enjoyed with any grain or noodle.
Hello beautiful people, today there was an extra bounce in my step and a wide smile on the face as it’s Friday.
Everything looked shinier and brighter. As you might remember from my last post, I’m trying to get back on a healthier eating routine after spending an entire month or so gorging on all kind of food.
Now my definition of ‘healthy food‘, doesn’t mean boring, bland or curbing any particular food item.
It’s more like eating regularly, right quantity, less of high-calorie food and making a healthier version of my favorite recipes.
Continuing with that, today I’m going to share a quick but healthy recipe for Stir-Fry Sesame Chicken.
It’s one of my goto chicken recipes but it’s usually deep fried chicken in a thick sticky sauce using sugar and cornstarch.
My version is without any sugar or cornstarch, low on salt and includes a lot of vegetable along with chicken which makes it lighter and crunchy.
Made under 15 minutes and can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Best served fresh along with your choice of side.
When cooking with Soy Sauce, always keep in mind the salt content. Soy Sauce is high in salt hence
if you’re adding additional salt, taste the dish before doing so.
You can also try these Chinese recipes:
If you’re trying any of my recipes, I’d love to see your pictures or receive your feedback. You can tag my recipes using #easycookingwithmolly on any of the social media below:
Stir-Fry Sesame Chicken (Healthy and Light)
Serving Suggestion: Serve Hot with choice of side.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
Wok or Large Non-stick Pan – For the stir fry
Small Bowl – For mixing the sauce
2 Chicken Breast – Cleaned and cut into long thin strips (This will help cook the chicken quickly and evenly)
1/4 Cup Green Bell Pepper – Cleaned and cut into thin bite size pieces
1/4 Cup Carrot – Cleaned and cut into thin bite size pieces
1/4 Cup Zucchini – Cleaned and cut into thin bite size pieces
3 Tbsp Sesame Oil – For stir fry (You can use Olive oil too)
2 Tsp Sesame Seeds
For the Sauce:
4 Tbsp Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Worcester Sauce – Optional
1/2 Tsp Ginger Paste – You can use ginger powder
1/2 Tsp Garlic Paste – You can use garlic powder
1 Tsp Rice Vinegar – You may use white vinegar incase rice vinegar is not available
1/2 Tbsp Honey
1/4 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
1/2 Tsp Chili Flakes – Optional
1/2 Tsp Salt (As per your taste)
- In a small bowl, whisk all the ‘sauce’ ingredients and keep aside.
- Heat the wok or non-stick pan on high with 2 tbsp of oil.
- Reduce heat to medium, add chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes (Keep stirring the chicken every half minute. This will help cook the chicken evenly)
- Transfer cooked chicken into a medium bowl.
- In the same wok, add 1 tbsp of sesame oil, add carrots, bell peppers, zucchini and stir for a minute. (We want to tenderize the vegetables slightly, retaining it’s crunch)
- Now, add cooked chicken, pour the sauce, stir and saute everything together for about 2-3 minutes on high flame.
- Turn off the heat.
- Transfer to serving dish, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve hot.