Carrot Potato Savory Crepes: crispy, delicious and quick crepes that are filling and healthy.
‘Swoosh’ went the weekend and Monday has already pushed us into the work mode. With all the over-indulged food-weekend….oh no wait…
.I would rather say food indulgent month, it’s now time to get back to healthier routine.
So Sunday night actually turned into a healthy food screen for the pantry.
Absolutely, sticking to the regime, the day started with a fresh cold-pressed green juice and followed by “Carrot Potato Savory Crepes”.
They are healthy, light and fills you up for a good 4-5 hours. I’m using semolina to make these crepes as it’s extremely light on the stomach, healthy and it tastes great in a batter (sweet or savory).
Although, I am using carrots and potatoes, however you can use any combination of vegetables. It’s one of those recipes that can be made in huge batch and eaten for 2-3 days.
Just freeze the leftover batter and thaw a night before in fridge. They are perfect as snacks or packed lunches too.
*** Note – For my Vegan Friend’s, please use homemade or store-bought vegan yogurt
~ Enjoy and I’ll come back soon with another healthy recipe soon ~
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- ½ Cup Semolina (Cream of Wheat) –
- Thin or thick any variety
- ¼ Cup Flour – I’m using whole wheat, you can use A.P or any other flour of choice
- ½ Cup Plain Yogurt
- ¼ Cup Water
- ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ Tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Medium Carrot – Thinly Grated
- 1 Large Boiled Potatoes – Thinly Grated
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil – For Making the Crepes (You may use any flavorless oil of choice)
- ¼ Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt – As per taste
- In a large bowl, mix semolina, flour and seasoning together.
- Add yogurt, water and make a thick smooth batter.
- Now, add the grated carrot, potato and whisk everything together to form a smooth and thick batter.
- Heat the nonstick for a minute with ½ tsp of oil.
- Pour 1½ ladle of batter on the nonstick and swirl the batter (To form a thick circular shape)
- using the ladle.
- Let it cook on medium heat for about a minute.
- Flip the crepe gently to the other side and let it cook for another minute (a minute for lightly cooked soft crepes and two minutes for crispy crepes)
- Transfer the soft cooked crepes to serving dish and follow the steps above to make all the crepes.
- You can stack them (open face) all together or serve in individual plate.
Amount Per ServingCalories 405 Total Fat 14g Saturated Fat 2g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 11g Cholesterol 12mg Sodium 525mg Carbohydrates 61g Fiber 6g Sugar 2g Protein 12g