Coconut Raspberry Ice-Cream: learn to make vegan coconut raspberry ice-cream at home using 3 simple ingredients and requires no machine.
How many times have you been tempted to make an ice-cream at home?
But opted out of it cause you might not have the ice-cream maker or found the process too lengthy?
You might be thinking, too many questions in the very beginning!!
But this thought has crossed my mind endless times…especially when I want to have a certain flavor or without a certain ingredient.
The basic ice-cream recipe calls for heavy cream, sugar, eggs, flavoring along with an ice-cream maker and a lengthy process ahead…. and every time I thought:
Do I really want to go such lengths to have just a scoop or two and every time ended up buying one from outside?
However, few months back, I had some leftover frozen coconut milk which I used in one of my smoothies and it tasted just so creamy….almost like a melted ice-cream….
So, you can imagine what would have happened next ?
Well, a ‘no machine’ fruit ice-cream was made and it turned out great.
It was smooth tasting, freezes quickly and is slightly softer-creamier in texture.
So after a couple of more combinations, the ‘Coconut-Raspberry Ice-Cream’ was made.
It’s was the combination of creamy coconut milk with slightly tart raspberry and some added sweetness that makes it delicious and creamy (almost like a store bought).
Most of all the color of the ice-cream was so gorgeous bright pink.
It was such an exciting feeling of accomplishment that we ended up eating the entire batch in a day 🙂
It was a simple 2-3 ingredient and you can customize your ingredients as per choice.
Also, the Coconut Raspberry Ice-Cream is great for anyone who is ‘vegan’ or on a ‘gluten-free’ diet. It doesn’t need eggs or cream.
The initial serving of the ice-cream was with a light sprinkle of coconut flakes.
But the second time we went slightly overboard with the toppings of nuts, caramel chunks, flakes and some hot caramel sauce…..
You can totally have the Coconut Raspberry Ice-Cream it like this or with any other topping you fancy.
So here’s the simple recipe for you to try on this Easter weekend, while I think of more exciting flavors. Do tell me when you make this one 🙂
– NOTE –
1. Run the ice-cream scoop in hot water before using, it helps ice-cream to be easily scooped out.
2. I like this ice-cream little tart hence I’m not adding any additional sweetness to it, however, please feel free to add your choice of sweetener.
3. Some of you may want to use soy or almond milk for this, however, it doesn’t give the kind of creamy consistency as a full-bodied coconut milk.
4. The second batch of ice-cream was stored in my freezer for upto 2 weeks.
Coconut Raspberry Ice-Cream
Serves: 4 People
Serving Suggestion: Serve Chilled with OR Without Toppings
– Tools –
Container to Freeze the Ice-Cream
– Ingredients –
1 Cup Frozen Raspberry – This works best with frozen fruit. If you have fresh raspberry, freeze them till they harden.
1 Can Coconut Milk (14. Oz) – I’m using full fat coconut milk as that’s the best for smooth ice-cream texture.
5 Tbsp Coconut Cream – (OPTIONAL) – This helps in making the texture creamier.
Pinch of Sea-Salt – You can use regular salt as well.
– Method –
- Place all the above ingredients in a food processor and pulse to a smooth batter like consistency.
- Transfer the batter to a container, close the lid and freeze for 3-4 hours.
- After 3-4 hours, remove the container from freezer, scoop the ice-cream into serving bowl/dish and
Serve chilled with or without toppings.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>