Hey Everyone, Welcome to the day after the “SuperBowl” – We all survived the eating marathon and now back to everyday food 🙂
I mean, we all (here is USA) were Super-Duper excited about the Superbowl game, commercial, the halftime performances and off-course food, food and more food.
Infact I was very curious to know how much “Chicken Wings” (The Staple Gameday Snack) was actually consumed ….. and hold your breath, as per “The National Chicken Council, the Americans consumed 1.25 billion wings on this weekend” !!! That’s mind-boggling and I’m sure, we will break that record by next year 🙂
So getting back to reality and our kitchen, I’ve been wanting to share this absolutely easy and stunning recipe of “Sriracha Fried Rice with Pineapple & Veggies” with you all. It’s one of those really-really quick to make, visually beautiful and absolutely tasty recipe. You can control the spiciness of the dish by adding more or less sriracha. What interesting is many of the people who don’t like pineapple rice (because of its sweetness) absolutely love this cause “sriracha” and “pineapple” together makes a great combination. I’ve also added “vinegar” which reduces both spiciness and sweet flavor.
It’s made in 10minutes and can be eaten hot or cold. Great for packed lunches too.
Enjoy n Share!
- Heat oil in a large wok add chopped onion and sauté for 2 minutes (Till the onions become light brown)
- Now add all the veggies (peas, beans, carrot) and sauté for 3 mins on medium heat.
- Add pineapple, sriracha, vinegar, spices and sauté another minute. (mix all the veggies and sauce evenly)
- Now add cooked rice and stir everything evenly with a light hand. (Please mix rice scooping sideways, this will prevent the rice from breaking)
- Let everything cook for 2 minutes and give it one final stir (evenly all sides).
- Turn off the heat, transfer to the serving dish and serve hot.