|Broccoli Potato Croquette – Broccoli Tikki|
Today’s recipe post is an absolute bite-size delight !
I’ve been asked many times to recommend appetizer or small plate/bite size recipes for party’s or small get-together….something that is neutral (Can be eaten by vegetarian & non-vegetarian) and also kid friendly. There’s also one thing that’s universal to all parties “Potato”.-
It’s an absolute favorite of all age group. Hence, this recipe came into existence.
It’s easy to make, can be made in advance (2-3 days before-then keep frozen) and can go with any kind of cuisine.
All you need is broccoli, potato and seasoning, that’s it. So, it’s healthier and adds glamour to your regular/everytime potato patty and off-course there’s no substitute for homemade goodies.
Use steamed broccoli for this recipe, as they cook easily, evenly and tastes better. (If you’re using frozen broccoli, then just thaw and add them straight to food processor)
Broccoli Potato Patty / Broccoli Tikki
- In a large bowl, add water, broccoli and microwave it on high for 5 minutes. (This is going to steam the broccoli and bring out the rich green color)
- Drain the water and let the broccoli cool for 10 minutes.
- Now add the steamed broccoli, green chilies, coriander, salt, red chili, pepper and pulse everything for 2 minutes (Till broccoli is mushy and everything is mixed together smoothly).
- Add boiled potatoes, semolina, flour and cornflour in the food processor and mix everything together for a minute.
- Make 20 round patties/tikki’s and keep aside for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. (This step helps binds the Tikki’s together)
- Heat the large nonstick pan over medium flame, brush with oil and place 5-6 tikki’s at a time.
- Let it cook for 2min, turn to the other side and cook till both sides are cooked and brown in color.
Follow this step till all patty’s are cooked.
- Place the cooked patty’s in a serving plate and serve hot.