|Spicy Chicken Stir Fry|
Hi Everyone, today I was in a mood of a one pot, quick meal…yet wanted something yumm and spicy.
And after a lot of yes & no, finally decided upon a simple and quick “Spicy Chicken Stir Fry” recipe using Indian spices. Easy Weekend Dinner with Family or Friends.
(Raisins can be added to reduce the spiciness – Optional)
Enjoy n Share !!!
Spicy Chicken Stir Fry
Serves: 4 People
Serving Suggestion: Serve Hot with regular bread / Indian Bread / Rice OR Serve as appetizer
Storage: Can be made overnight or stored in air-tight container for upto 2 days in refridgerator
1 Large Non-Stick Pan with cover/lid
1 Medium plate
1 Serving Plate
1/2 kg Boneless Chicken – Cut into bite size pieces
1 Tsp Ginger+Garlic Paste – Homemade or Store-bought
2 Large White Onion – Chopped into Thick long slices
6-7 Medium Mixed Bell Peppers(Capsicum) – Chopped into Thick long slices
3 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup – You can use fresh tomato or tomato paste as well
2 Green Chilies – Thinly chopped
2 Tbsp White Vinegar
1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice – You may use bottled lemon juice as well
6 Tbsp Olive Oil – You may use any flavorless oil of choice
3 Tbsp Raisins – any color – Optional
2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Cilantro(Coriander)
2 Tsp Coriander Powder
1 Tsp Cumin Powder
2 Tsp Indian All Spice Powder (Garam Masala)
2 Tsp Red Chili Powder – Optional or As per taste
2 Tsp Salt (As per your taste)
- In a large pan, heat 2tbsp oil on medium for 2mins.
- Now add chopped onion, bell-peppers and saute for 2-3mins.
- Add ginger+garlic paste, green chilies and saute on low heat for 3mins.
- Now add tomato kethcup, lemon, vinegar and cook covered for 5mins
- Once the vegetables are cooked/tender, remove from heat and empty in place.
- Now place the same pan back to low heat, add remaining olive oil, chicken and all spices. Give it a quick stir and cook covered for 8-10mins or till chicken is cooked (keep stirring in-between to check if the chicken is cooked).
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the sauteed vegetables and cook on medium heat for 3mins.
- Transfer to serving dish, sprinkle fresh coriander and raisins (to reduce the crispiness if needed)
- Serve Fresh