Savory Zucchini French Toast: a savory Indian version of the classic french toast. It’s extremely easy to make, healthy and absolutely delicious.
The weekend is almost here for some of us and for many it has already begun in other parts of the world – YaYYYY !!!!
But Hang On ! Are you one of “ThOsE” people, who like me, get’s slightly….teeny tiny….itchy thinking “Oh Gosh –What Am I Going to Make for Breakfast on Saturday/Sunday“? – Cause you can’t have the same stuff like every day on a Weekend – No Ways!!!
So here’s what I’m having Savory Zucchini French Toast – It’s the savory version of french toast mixed with zucchini, onion and just the right seasoning.
Perfectly melts in your mouth, creamy n crunchy at the same time – Simple, Elegant yet Delicious! –What doesn’t taste good if you add creamcheese & frothy eggs (Oh my, now I’m thinking about a cake 😉 maybe next time … Coming Soon !)
* For someone you might be thinking, WHY sunglasses in the picture – Cause it’s Sunny California Weekend!
Here’s the recipe for you to Try, Enjoy, Share and Devour!
Savory Zucchini French Toast
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs together until a frothy-creamy mixture is formed (2 minutes).
- Add Cream cheese, warm water and whisk for another minute or till the mixture is smooth with no lumps.
- Now add zucchini, onion, salt, and pepper to this mixture and gently mix everything together (Cause if you mix with a heavy hand or too much, it will make the eggs watery).
- Heat a non-stick pan on high, add 1tbsp oil and wait till the pan is hot (about a min).
- Now dip a slice of bread, coat it evenly on both sides and place it on the heated pan (I’m able to accommodate 3 slices at a time in a large pan).
- Now reduce the heat to low and let the pan side down slice cook evenly till its golden brown (takes about 1-2 min – You may lift a corner of the slice to check if it’s golden brown).
- After 2 min, flip the slice, add ½ tbsp oil and let the other side cook till it’s golden brown.
- Follow steps 5, 6 and 7 till all slices are cooked.
- Serve Freshly made with cold coffee or your choice of beverage.
As always, I Looove when you try my recipes and send me pictures & feedback. You can tag my recipes tried by you using #easycookingwithmolly on any of the social media below: