Sabudana Singhada Aloo Tikki Chaat (Waterchestnut Patty – Glutenfree) : it’s a glutenfree potato patty.
Sabudana Singhada Aloo Tikki Chaat (Waterchestnut Patty – Glutenfree)
Happy Fasting to Friends n Family on the occasion of “Navratri” – Jai Mata Di !!!
Here’s a vrat recipe which is my all time fav or I can say the reason why I thought I started keeping these fasts…
These tikki/vada can me made with tons n tons of variations (add or minus ingredients) but whatever be the combo, it tasteyummmm n looks pretty too 🙂
You can even eat these on any regular day and can substitute “Rock Salt” with Regular Salt & “Singhada (Chestnut Flour)” with Plain Flour or absolutely no flour….Hope you enjoy them!
PS: Mostly they are deep fried but I’m sauteing mine with enough oil to please eyes n health.
Serving Suggestion: Serve as snack or in between energy filler. Great for Vrat/Fastings.
1 Large Bowl
1 Large Nonstick Pan
4 Serving Bowls/Plates
¼ Cup Olive Oil for Sautéing the Tikki/Vada – You can also deep fry them, as per your choice
1 Cup Soaked Sabudana (Tapioca Pearls) – Overnight soaked or atleast 5hrs.
1 Medium Boiled Potato – Shredded
¼ Cup Raisins – Chopped
¼ Cup Roasted Peanuts – Slightly crushed
4 Tbsp Singhada Atta (Waterchestnut Flour) – You can also use plain flour
2 Green Chilies – Thinly Chopped– Optional
1 Tsp Grated Fresh Ginger
2 Tbsp Fresh Green Cilantro – Thinly Chopped – Optional
1 Tsp Sendha Namak (Rock Salt) – You can use any other salt, the recipe will taste the same.
1 Cup Cold Thick Yogurt – Whipped – (Some people like to add a pinch of sugar to yogurt to give it a sweeter taste)
1 Tsp Red Chili Powder
1 Tsp Jeera Powder (Cumin)
1 Tsp Lemon Juice
2 Tsp of Grated Ginger
- In a large bowl, mix all the tikki/vada ingredients thoroughly and form medium round shape
- Heat a nonstick pan on high flame and add 2tsp of oil.
- Once the oil is hot (about 2-3mins), place 4 – 5 tikki’s on the pan and cook for 3min or till evenly brown on the bottom.
- Now flip the tikki’s to other side and cook evenly. Here you can add 2tsp of oil to evenly coat and brown the other side.
- Follow step 3-4 till all the tikki’s are cooked.
- Now place 2 tikki’s in a plate, pour some cold whipped yogurt and sprinkle some red chili, jeera, ginger and lemon juice.
- Serve Hot.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>