Happy Fasting to Friends n Family on the occasion of “Navratri” – Jai Mata Di !!!
Here’s a vrat recipe which is my all time fav or I can say the reason why I thought I started keeping these fasts…
These tikki/vada can me made with tons n tons of variations (add or minus ingredients) but whatever be the combo, it taste yummmm n looks pretty too 🙂
You can even eat these on any regular day and can substitute “Rock Salt” with Regular Salt & “Singhada (Chestnut Flour)” with Plain Flour or absolutely no flour….Hope you enjoy them !
PS: Mostly they are deep fried but I’m sauteing mine with enough oil to please eyes n health.
flour or simply omit this ingredient.
Cilantro – Thinly Chopped – Optional
Salt) – You can use any other salt, the
recipe will taste the same.
- In a large bowl, mix all the tikki/vada ingredients thoroughly and form medium round shape
- Heat a nonstick pan on high flame and add 2tsp of oil.
- Once the oil is hot (about 2-3mins), place 4-5 tikki’s on the pan and cook for 3min or till evenly brown on the bottom.
- Now flip the tikki’s to other side and cook evenly. Here you can add 2tsp of oil to evenly coat and brown the other side.
- Follow step 3-4 till all the tikki’s are cooked. (Pic3)
- Now place 2 tikki’s in a plate, pour some cold whipped yogurt and sprinkle some red chili, jeera, ginger and lemon juice.
- Serve Hot.