I’m always looking out for healthy and simple snacks, specially one’s which can be stored & kept for a little longer duration. Today’s snack is my mum’s fav and they go perfect with your hot cuppa !!!
“Peanut Jaggery Brittle (Gur Moongphali ki Chikki)” and did I mention that “jaggery” is great for our health as it’s a natural cleanser (helps in digestion), great source of iron & potassium, natural relaxer (contains selenium which helps in calming nerves), cool & Biggest “Lower in Calories compared to white sugar”.
Serving Suggestion: Serve as snack or in between energy filler
1 Large Saucepan
1 Nonstick Pan (Greased) – For setting the brittle’s (chikki)
1 Cup Roasted Skinless Peanuts (Moongphali) – Slightly Crushed
4 Tbsp of Water
½ Cup Jaggery – I’ve grated the jaggery as they were in huge chunks.
½ Tsp Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)
1 Tsp Grated Fresh Ginger
Pinch of Salt
¼ Cup Whole Green Cardamom – Decoration – OPTIONAL
- On medium heat, add water and jaggery in a saucepan.
- Keep stirring it in between to make it into a thick paste like consistency (Takes about 5-7min on medium heat).
- Now add all the above ingredients into this jaggery paste (except whole cardamom).
- Keep stirring this mixture to evenly mix all the ingredients (Now turn off the heat) and ladle all of it over the greased pan. (This is an extremely hot n sticky paste, hence be very very cautious and not touch it by hands)
- Using the same ladle, press the mixture into a thick/thin(as per choice) layer.
- Place this pan into the fridge for an hour or till the mixture solidify.
- Once the mixture solidify, break it into desired shapes and serve cold.
- This can be stored in an airtight container for upto 2-3 weeks.