Aloo Ki Kachori is a small size Indian flatbread stuffed with boiled potatoes and deep fried making it an extremely popular food.
As always, I Looove when you try my recipes and send me pictures & feedback. You can tag my recipes tried by you using #easycookingwithmolly on any of the social media below:
- 2 Cups Oil – For deep frying the kachori
- For Kachori/Bread Dough:
- 11/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 3 Tbsp Gram Flour (Besan)– Optional (This gives it a slightly nutty flavor & makes it crusty)
- 3 Tbsp Canola Oil – (you may use any light oil)
- 1/2 Cup Cold Water (2 tbsp less)
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Pinch Asafoetida (Hing) – Optional
- For Stuffing:
- 2 Boiled Potatoes – Peeled and Grated
- 11/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Red Chili Powder – Optional
- To Make the Kachori/Bread Dough:
- In a food processor, add whole wheat flour, gram flour, salt, asafoetida and give it a quick pulse for 5 seconds. (Mix all the dry Ingredients together).
- Now add 3 tbsp oil & water to the dry Ingredients and pulse till you form a firm dough. (Add water in interval to form a firm dough)
- For Making Kachori:
- Take a medium size bowl, add stuffing Ingredients and give it a quick mix. (Pic1)
- Make equal sized balls.(Kachori’s are usually thick & small in size).
- Now take 1 dough ball, flatten it slightly to form a thick disc and fill it with potato stuffing mix (I’m putting 2 Tbsp) Pic2
- Seal the edges of the stuffed dough disc (Pic3) and roll it again to form a thick & small disc (Make sure to put less pressure as too much pressure will burst the disc) Pic4
- Heat 2 cups oil in a nonstick wok on high for 7-8 minutes, reduce the heat to medium.
- Add 1 kachori at a time, let it fry on each side for 1-2 minutes (Till each sides are golden in color). Pic5
- Once the kachori’s are fried on both sides (golden brown) take it out of the wok and place it on towel to absorb any extra oil.
- Serve Hot
* (This dough needs to be very firm in texture for the kachori’s to be crunch. As this dough contains salt)