Suji Halwa – Indian Semolina Dessert Pudding: a traditional Indian dessert that’s ready in minutes and made using semolina, ghee and nuts.
Butter (Ghee) – This is usually used for a rich taste & aroma
- Heat a large nonstick wok/pan on high, add oil, unsalted butter and semolina (cream in color), Saute for 2min on high.
- Reduce heat to low and keep sauteing for 2-3min till semolina changes into light brown color.
- Add almonds, cardamom and sauté for another 2min. (Now semolina must turn into a light-medium brown in color)
- Add water, sugar, orange color and sauté on high heat and the semolina will start to absorb water (Happens within 1-2min).
- Now the semolina will become pulpy and thick like pudding absorbing most of the water, turn off the heat.
- Transfer in serving dish/bowls (Make sure not to use thin paper dishes as the heat, oil & water will melt the paper).
- Sprinkle almonds and cardamom on top, Server Hot or Cold as per choice.
As always, I Looove when you try my recipes and send me pictures & feedback. You can tag my recipes tried by you using #easycookingwithmolly on any of the social media below: