Indian Egg Curry is a simple and easy main course/entree that pleases adults to youngsters.
It is made using very basic ingredients & Indian spices.
Traditional egg curry calls for the boiled eggs to be lightly sauteed with oil however that makes the whole recipe very heavy on our tummy.
So I’m using plain boiled eggs in curry but I’m boiling them with the curry for a couple of minutes.
Indian Egg Curry
- Boil 4 eggs in a pot filled with water. (Takes about 6-7min to full boil).
- Turn off the heat and put boiled eggs in cold water, then remove the shells and keep the eggs aside.
- Heat oil on high, add onion, ginger+garlic paste and fry till onions are pink in color.
- Reduce heat to low, add all “powdered spices” and sauté till onions become brown and leave oil in the sides.
- Now add tomato and sauté for 2min. Add milk, water and cook for 2 more min.
- Add boiled eggs to the curry and sauté everything together for 2-3min.
- Turn off heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander, ginger julienne and serve hot.