Indian Vegetable Fried Rice: absolutely easy and delicious recipe for a basic Indian vegetable fried rice. Perfect for packed lunches too.
There are some days when we just don’t want to do anything especially cook anything at all.
But the sad part is where I live, the only food that is home delivered is “Pizza”….now I’m not saying that its bad, but it does leave you with no other option.
So no matter how lazy you feel, if you don’t wanna eat a pizza you goto do what u goto do -“COOK”
This is my recipe for one of those lazy days, quick, healthy and tasty ONE POT meal, almost feels like a Party in a Pot !!!
Indian Vegetable Fried Rice
Serving Suggestion: Serve Hot with OR without Plain Yogurt
Tools: 1 Large nonstick pot with lid
2 Cups Basmati Rice – (you can use any rice for this recipe)
3 Cups Water
1 Tsp Ghee/Butter
½ Cup Onion – cut into thick slices
½ Cup Red Bell Peppers –
cut into thick slice
½ Cup Cauliflower
(Phool-Gobhi) – cut into thick slices
¼ Cup Carrots – cut into thick slices
¼ Green Peas – (can use fresh or frozen peas)
2 Tbsp of Oil
2 Bay Leaf
1 Tbsp Whole Black Pepper
4 Green Cardamom – crushed
3 Cloves – crushed
1 Tsp Cumin Powder
2 Tsp Salt
2 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- In a large pot, add rice, water and boil on high heat, after 4-5 minutes, reduce heat, add ghee/butter, cover with lid and let it boil on lowest heat for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, check few grains of rice and they should be almost cooked, now close the heat and drain water from the rice using a sieve. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large nonstick pot on medium heat, add all the spices, sauté for 1-2min.
- Now add all the cut vegetables and sauté on medium heat for 3-4 minutes (to let vegetables cook a little).
- Take ½ of the cooked rice and mix in the sauteed vegetables, stir for 1 minute.
- Now add the remaining rice to the above and sauté everything together making sure vegetables and rice are mixed together.
- Saute on high heat for 2-3 minutes, thoroughly mixing everything together and then switch off the heat.
- Serve Hot.