Lemon Surprise Muffins : filled with lemony flavors and a chocolate chip center for that sweet surprise.
Lemon Surprise Muffins
Serves: 9 Large OR 12 Medium
Serving Suggestion: Can be served as is OR with fresh fruitsTools:
1 Large Bowl for Wet Ingredients
1 Medium Bowl for Sifting Ingredients
Hand Blender OR Kitchen Aid OR Electric Whisk
1 Muffin Tray
Paper cupcake liners OR Butter the muffin tray liberally
2 Tbsp Butter – For Muffin Tray – Optional (If not using muffin liners)
180g Self-Rising Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Pinch Salt
2 Drops yellow food color – Optional
2 Large Eggs
50 ml Milk – Room Temperature
150 ml Oil – Can use any non-flavor oil (Olive/Refind/Vegetable/Corn)
3 Tbsp Lemon Juice – Fresh is preferred however you can use concentrate as well
Surprise Ingredient: ½ Cup Chocolate Chips OR Fresh chocolate bits
Prep Work: Preheat Oven to 375F (190C).
Prep Work: Line the Muffin Tray with Cupcake Liners OR butter the muffin tray
- In a medium bowl, sift self-rising flour, salt and baking powder together. Keep Aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, yellow food color and sugar till creamy(2min).
- Add lemon juice & oil to the above batter and whisk. Now add flour mixture and whisk lightly(2 min)
- Using an ice-cream scoop, pour the batter half way into muffin liner & sprinkle chocolate chips over it and pat the tray. Now pour the other half of the batter into each liner. (The chocolate chips should be hidden in the muffin liner)
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Serve Fresh.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>