Makes: 2 Dozens
Serving Suggestion: As it is OR with Vanilla Ice Cream
1 Large Bowl to mix all the Ingredients
1 Medium Bowl for sifting Dry Ingredients
Electric Whisk OR Kitchen Aid
1 Baking Tray, lined with parchment paper OR Lightly buttered aluminum foil
Ice-Cream Scoop – For scooping cookie dough into same size cookie.
Wire Rack – For cooling cookies
1½ Cups All Purpose Flour
½ Tsp Baking Soda
¼ Tsp Salt
¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
½ Cup packed light Brown Sugar – (If unavailable, Can use regular sugar)
½ Cup Oil – (Can use any of the following Olive/Vegetable/Corn)
1 Large Egg – Room temperature
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
1½ Cups Chocolate Chips – (we are using more to compensate for missing butter)
1/3 Cup Roasted Walnuts – (Can use Almonds or any other nut as per choice)
- Prep Work: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, Sift together all purpose flour, soda and salt. Keep aside.
- In a large bowl, Whisk together egg, oil, both sugar and vanilla.
- Now add flour mixture to this and whisk lightly until everything is blended n smooth.
- Add Chocolate chips, walnuts and mix, this will form a loose dough.
- Now using a tablespoon OR Ice-Cream Scoop, make tight rounds/patty of about ¾ to 1 inch.
- Space them about 2 inches apart on a already lined baking tray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool for 2 minutes on baking tray and then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling. (Wire rack cooling is necessary to make sure the cookies don’t have a soggy middle)