Indian Lamb Pot Roast – Bhuna Lamb Masala: It’s a one-pot dish, using basic ingredients along with lamb. Cooked to perfection that it melts in your mouth.
Indian Lamb Pot Roast – Bhuna Lamb Masala
Lamb Pot Roasted in Indian Spice – Bhuna Lamb Masala
Serving Suggestion: Can be served with Roti/Paratha (Indian Bread) OR Plain Rice.
1 Large non-stick pot OR Skillet
1 Large Lid to cover the non-stick pot.
1 Medium non-stick pan – For sauteing onions.
1 lb. Lamb – Washed & Cut into medium size pieces OR boneless.
4 Tbsp Mustard Oil
3 Tbsp Oil – (Can use any non-flavor oil like Olive/Vegetable/ Corn)
3 Large Onions – Thinly sliced.
1½ Large Tomato – Thinly sliced
1 Tbsp Ginger Paste
1 Tbsp Garlic Paste
¼ Cup Fresh Coriander/Cilantro – Chopped
2 Green Chilies – Deseeded and chopped into large pieces – Optional
4 Tbsp Yogurt – Thick & Whisked
¼ Cup Water
2-3 Mint Leaves – For Decoration
Indian Spice Mix (Whole):
1 Big Bay Leaf
3 Big Black Cardamom
4 Green Cardamom
Indian Spice Mix (Powdered):
2 Tsp Coriander Powder
2 Tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
1½ Garam Masala
Salt – As per taste
Red Chilies – As per taste
In a large non-stick, heat 4 Tbsp Mustard oil in high heat till fumes start to form. Now close the heat & keep aside. (This step has to be done if using mustard oil OR if any other oil, skip this step)
- In a medium non-stick, heat 3 Tbsp oil, add onion and sauté till they turn dark brown in color OR till they are caramelized (This will take 5-6 min) and keep aside.
- Heat (Medium) the large non-stick pot with mustard oil and add whole spice mix and sauté for ½ min.
- Now add, Ginger-Garlic paste, sauté for 1 min and add lamb pieces & sauté for 2 min and cover with lid.
- Lower the heat, Uncover the lid, sauté for 1 min and add the powdered spice mix and cover for another 5 min.
- Uncover lid and sauté, now add already roasted onions and cover n simmer for 10 min (keep sautéing in between).
- After 10 min, add tomatoes, green chilies, fresh coriander, yogurt, water and cook for another 10-15 min, till the lamb is tender, cooked and water is absorbed. (Depending on the lamb quality this step can take 15-20 min as well)
- Serve Hot.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>