|Kalakand(Traditional Milk Sweet)|
“Kalakand” is a traditional Indian Sweet (Dessert), very soft, milky and flavorful and favorite of many. The traditional recipe concentrates mainly around fresh milk, thickening it on low flame for hours (preventing it from curdling & burning) and adding nuts, sugar and flavoring resulting in an extremely delicate and delicious product.
But now a days, due to our busy and exhausting routine, most of us don’t prepare it however this recipe is so simple, quick and delicious that you may start preparing it often.
1 Can Condensed Milk – 14 oz ( I’m using
1 Tbsp Rose Water
½ Tsp Green Cardamom – Crushed (Indian
Spice Name – Elaichi)
3 Tbsp Pistachios – Chopped
- In a microwaveable dish, whisk together Ricotta
Cheese and the Condensed Milk to a smooth batter (No Lumps).
- Microwave uncovered for 5 minutes and Remove from microwave, scrap the edges
and mix the batter removing any lumps.
- Microwave uncovered for 3 more minutes and Remove
from microwave, mix the batter removing any lumps.
- Now Microwave covered for 2 minutes,
remove, mix and microwave slightly covered for 2 min.
- Remove from microwave and mix any lumps and Microwave uncovered for 6 minutes,
with mixing in every 2 minutes interval.
- Finally remove from microwave, add Cardamom, Rose
Syrup and give it a final mix.
- Sprinkle Pistachios on top and gently press the mixture into the dish for the
mixture to become firm.
- Keep in fridge for 2-3hrs for it to set and cut
as per choice and serve.